Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ok, so that plan didn't work!

But then again, my mantra for the past 2 1/2 years has been:
"Life is all about how you handle Plan B"
So here we go again...

You know I often hear "Oh I don't know what I'll do with myself when I retire? or I think I'd go plum crazy if I didn't work! (meaning outside the home) And I have let my mind ponder those two statements every now and then over the years, but really, now that I have been there, I truly don't know where they were coming from, because I have so much to do in a day that sometimes I don't do anything! And you know what? That's OK, too!
I really do think that if I had stayed on the path I was on, it would have been a good thing that I had insurance, cause I would be needing it for my hospital stay for some reason!

Even my brief stints with employment since my retirement were probably a little bit more then I needed. Don't get me wrong though I'm not saying I shouldn't have taken those positions, they were great experiences. I'm just saying the next venture into the world of work is gonna "look" different. I don't know what it's gonna look like just yet, but it's gonna look different!

In the meantime, back to my knitting cause I think it's gonna rain any minute now.

No comments: