Friday, October 10, 2008

10 October 2008 - River Bend Nature Center

It's official! As of October 20th I will be gainfully employed once again! YEAH!!! And I am really excited! Haven't been this excited about going to work in quite a while (and yeah that "while" was even before March 1st).
The place is River Bend Nature Center in Wichita Falls, TX. Yep, you read that right, Wichita Falls, TEXAS! I will be the Executive Director, and they can't get me down there soon enough, so my start date is Monday October 20th. Here is their website, check it out: http://www.riverbendnaturecenter.org
I am making arrangements to borrow an RV trailer and will be parking it at an RV park, not far from the center. I'll be living there and coming home to Chickasha to do my laundry, lol. Wichita Falls is only 90 miles away, just a little too far to commute even though gas prices are falling by the day around here (yesterday morning $2.81, this morning $2.79 and @ 2:00 this afternoon $2.69), anyway I digress... It will be quite the adventure and I'm up for that, without a doubt.
I'm sure I'll have room for overnight visitors in my little Airstream, so ya'll come ya hear!

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

Laura, congratulations on your new position. Don't you just LOVE new adventures?