Saturday, August 6, 2011

Where did July go?

July 20, 2011
Decided to start my monthly entry in a word document off line and then maybe I can get it posted before “the month” is up!
(note post date above...this plan didn't work either)
July 21, 2011
Thought that crossed my mind today as I am sitting here knitting on my socks, is that I realized I get excited as I finish each pattern row and it comes out correctly!  I think that’s a good thing.  It’s a sense of accomplishment/mastery.  I don’t think I ever want to just knit and not get that feeling.
July 21, 2011
So since my June posting I have pretty much been away from home.  Flew up to Chicago-O’Hare to be with my mom and we went up “North for the 4th” for a week with my brother and sister-in-law. 
Fireworks in Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Got several projects completed and enjoyed the cooler weather (80’s instead of 100’s)
 Of course we snuck in a Friday night Fish Fry at a typical Wisconsin eatery and had a great visit with my cousin, who drove over from her place to spend a couple of days and lend us a hand with our projects.

In the meantime, I’ve been working on socks, socks and more socks…even acquired some new yarn for some more socks!  And to think I procrastinated on starting on this kind of project!  What was I thinking?   .  I brought my shawl along to work on, too, but at the last minute in order to clear out the clutter from my project bag, before I traveled, I took out the crochet hook and beads that were rattling around in the side pocket…only to realize, after I was at my destination, that the reason they were in there was because they are an integral part of the shawl project! Flflflflffl  No progress on the shawl.
Found the triangle loom I made 2 years ago  
and left up in Wisconsin for future vacation activity, but didn’t really have any yarn to mess with, so I brought it back to the city and did an experiment. since it didn’t turn out the way I envisioned, I have only been inspired to construct a new (and larger) loom when I get home and try some more projects!




July 27, 2011
Back in Oklahoma again…dang it’s hot here!   So the new roof is on the house doesn’t look much different then the old roof, and that’s a good thing!  And the backyard n’bor put up a fence, not the one she told me she was going to put up, and I was going to pay for ½ of it, but at least there is finally a fence up there so the dogs can be outside as long as they want to (unsupervised) but let me tell you, that’s not very long!  AND…I’m not paying for any of the fence!  $$$ in the bank!
Next is the garage door and the service door (w/doggie door) then it looks like we are looking at a painting project as soon as the weather breaks (so that the trim and eves match the new garage door and gutters) I can’t get a new garage door to match the current paint scheme and I’m not about to paint a brand new garage door to match the old paint job…that has faded anyway.  I’m just glad that the little bit of painting that needs to be redone can be tackled from an ordinary 6ft ladder.  Yeah for a brick ranch house! (you’ll have to wait for those pictures until after the projects are completed)
In the meantime the garden is a lost cause.  < insert picture of lost cause garden, never mind it’s not worth it! > I am however managing to harvest my onions, in fact I roasted a bunch with a large beef roast I cooked last night and they were delicious!  They are the size of big radishes, instead of full size sweet onions that they were suppose to be, but at least I got something of substance out of my first Oklahoma garden!  My plans are already in progress for next year’s garden that will be in the ground the first of April, so that I can be done by the end of June.  No sense in fighting with Mother Nature, I’m much smarter now that I am older! 

July 29, 2011
My thoughts on my Vacuum… You'd think in this day and age, somebody somewhere would be able to come up with a vacuum cleaner that actually worked!  And I don't want to hear anything about dyson or orek, they don't work any better then my bissell and it sucks!  Or rather it doesn't!!
Ok, I feel better now...back to cleaning all the nooks and crannies of my machine out so that maybe I can get it to pick up some dog hair and dry Oklahoma dirt.
July 31, 2011
Oh yeah, speaking of getting older…Happy Birthday to ME! Thanks Mom (and Dad) for making my life a reality, I love it!!! <3 <3  July 31, 1954; 12:03PM; Chicago, Illinois
You know what was so great about my birthday?  I got to spend it with my husband, my mother, my daughter, my Marsha and my dogs, and it was just another day…YEAH!

Me and my Dad in a
row boat on Bass Lake
One last picture to share.
When I was at my mother's house she found some old pictures and this is my favorite!

No comments: