Tuesday, October 7, 2008

7 October 2008 - I'm Baaaaack!

So I know it has been a few weeks since I posted. I can't even think of a good excuse, except for maybe last week when I was with my mom in Wisconsin. See for yourself:









I figured it out I probably hadn't been up in Wisconsin for the "colors" since I was in Jr. High. It was really nice. AND on the trip up there Mom and I got to stop at a Finn Sheep Farm http://blog.fireflyfield.com to visit with the owner SpinFinn (a new friend I met on RAVELRY), her absolutely beautiful flock of sheep and her loveable dog who really "took a shine" to my mom and just followed her around like she was one of the sheep!



I did get some knitting done on a cute little headband that I got from another RAVELRY friend on her blog http://happyliving.blogspot.com/ Suhail is from the United Kingdom and I have really enjoyed getting to know her and the others in the Happy Living group. As soon as I get a picture of it, I'll post the headband project. i also have been working on a scarf knitted with my prize winning mohair novelty yarn. You'll have to wait to see that when it's completed, too. No "sneak peaks"!
I am also participating in a sisterhood of the traveling scarf adventure. I sent off my starter piece several weeks ago and finally received the starter piece from my "upstream" sister. Of course it came while I was in Wisconsin, so as soon as I got home, I added my section to hers and will be sending it to my "downstream" sister probably Thursday.

No comments: