Friday, September 19, 2008

19 September 2008 - Off to the Fair!

I'm packing my things and headed to the Fair! I get to spend the day tomorrow being a demo person for spinning fiber into yarn in the building the Fair has set up for the kids to learn all about agriculture. That will be fun! I love stuff like this. I will also be able to see my yarn on display and take some pictures.

Recently I joined a group that will be producing a "traveling scarf" for each member of the group. You knit your starter section, and mail it off to the next person on the list, while waiting for the person in front of you to mail you her section...add to that and send it on. In about 4-5 months I should have a one of a kind treasured piece of my wardrobe! Here's what my starter looks like:

I have made it out of some of my own handspun yarn. Sooooo you are looking at the first project made with my own handspun yarn. Up until now, all I have done is look at the completed yarn!
My plan is to use some of my handspun yarn as each scarf from my group comes to me for my knitting pleasure. But a lot of that will depend on how the scarf makes me feel. I might just have to dig deeper into my stash of yarn and find something else that better suits the project. This is going to be so much fun!!!!!

No comments: